Saturday, March 02, 2024

030224 quotes plus...

Ezra said to them,

“Go, eat and drink what you enjoy,

And give some to him who has

Nothing ready.

For this day is holy to our Lord.

Do not be sad for the joy of the

Lord is your strength.”

Nehemiah 8:10

 

“May honor and thanks be given

To the Lord,

Because He has heard my prayer.

The Lord is my strength and my

Safe cover.

My heart trusts in Him,

And I am helped.

So my heart is full of joy.

I will thank Him with my song.

The Lord is the strength of His people.

He is a safe place for His chosen one.

Save Your people and bring good to

What is Yours.

Be their shepherd and carry them

Forever.”

Psalm 28:6-8

 

“Christian brothers,

Keep your minds thinking about

Whatever is true,

Whatever is respected,

Whatever is right,

Whatever is pure,

Whatever can be loved,

And whatever is well thought of.

If there is anything good and

Worth giving thanks for,

Think about these things.”

Philippians 4:8

 

If in our daily life we can smile,
if we can be peaceful and happy,
not only we,

But everyone will profit from it.
This is the most basic kind of

Peace work.

- Thich Nhat Hanh

If you could only sense

How important you are

To the lives of those you meet;

How important you can be

To the people you may never

Even dream of. 

There is something of yourself

That you leave at every meeting

With another person.

- Fred Rogers  

 

Who is the happiest of men?

He who values the merits of others,

And in their pleasure takes joy,

Even as though t'were his own.

- Johann von Goethe

 

Take Time…

Take time to laugh…
It is the music of the soul.
Take time to think…
It is the source of power.
Take time to play…
It is the source of perpetual youth.
Take time to read…
It is the fountain of wisdom.
Take time to pray…
It is the greatest power on Earth.
Take time to love and be loved…
It is a God-given privilege.
Take time to be friendly…
It is the road to happiness.
Take time to give…
It is too short a day to be selfish.
Take time to work.
It is the price of success.
- Anonymous

 

Take Time…

Take time to Work…

It is the price of success.

Take time to Think…

It is the source of power.

Take time to Play…

It is the secret of youth.

Take time to Read your Bible…

It is the foundation of knowledge

And feeds the soul.

Take time to Worship…

It is the highway of reverence

And washes the dust

Of earth from our eyes.

Take time to Help

And Enjoy Friends…

It is the source of happiness.

Take time to Love …

It is the one sacrament of life.

Take time to Dream…

It hitches the soul to the stars.

Take time to Laugh…

It is the singing that helps

With life's loads.

Take time to Pray…

It rids us of our excess baggage.

Take time to Plan…

It is the secret of being able to

Have time to take time for the

First ten things.

- Anonymous

 

This Moment…

I may never see tomorrow;

There’s no written guarantee,
And things that happened

Yesterday belong to history;
I cannot predict the future,

I cannot change the past;
I have just the present moment,

I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely

For it soon will pass away,

And be lost to me forever as

Part of yesterday,
I must exercise compassion,

Help the fallen to their feet,
Be a friend unto the friendless,

Make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today

May never be undone,

And friendships that I fail to

Win may nevermore be won;
I may not have another chance

On bended knee to pray,
And thank God with humble heart

For giving me this day.

I may never see tomorrow,

But this moment is my own.
It's mine to use or cast aside;

The choice is mine, alone.
I have just this precious moment

In the sunlight of today,
Where the dawning of tomorrow

Meets the dusk of yesterday.

- Paul F. Barnett

  

Finders, Keepers or Givers?

A wise woman who was traveling

In the mountains found a precious stone

In a stream.

The next day she met another traveler

Who was hungry, and the wise woman

Opened her bag to share her food.

The hungry traveler saw the precious stone

And asked the woman to give it to him.
She did so without hesitation.

The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune.

He knew the stone was worth enough to give

Him security for a lifetime.

But a few days later he came back to return

The stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said,

"I know how valuable the stone is,

But I give it back in the hope that you can

Give me something even more precious…

Give me what you have within you that

Enabled you to give me the stone."

- Anonymous

 

 


 

No comments: