Saturday, March 23, 2024

032324 post...

If America is to remain what God,

In His wisdom, intended for it to be…

A refuge, a safe haven for those

Seeking human rights…

Then we must once again extend the

Most basic human right to the most

Vulnerable members of the

Human family…

We must commit ourselves to a

Future in which the right to life

Of every human being…

No matter how weak,

No matter how small,

No matter how defenseless…

Is protected by our laws and

Public policy.

- Ronald Wilson Reagan

 

What I Call Living…

The miser thinks he's living

When he's hoarding up his gold;
The soldier calls it living

When he's doing something bold;
The sailor thinks it living

To be tossed upon the sea,
And upon this vital subject

No two of us agree.
But I hold to the opinion,

As I walk my way along,
That living's made of laughter

And good-fellowship and song.
I wouldn't call it living always

To be seeking gold,
To bank all the present gladness

For the days when I'll be old.
I wouldn't call it living to spend

All my strength for fame,
And forego the many pleasures

Which to-day is mine to claim.
I wouldn't for the splendor of the

World set out to roam,
And forsake my laughing children

And the peace I know at home.
Oh, the thing that I call living

Isn’t gold or fame at all!
Its good-fellowship and sunshine,

And it's roses by the wall;
its evenings glad with music and

A hearth fire that's ablaze,
And the joys which come to mortals

In a thousand different ways.
It is laughter and contentment

And the struggle for a goal;
It is everything that's needful

In the shaping of a soul.

- Edgar Albert Guest

 

Our Greatest Need…

If our greatest need had

been information,

God would have sent us

an educator.

If our greatest need had

been technology,

God would have sent us

a scientist.

If our greatest need had

been money,

God would have sent us

an economist.
If our greatest need had

been pleasure,

God would have sent us

an entertainer.
But our greatest need

as forgiveness,

So God sent us a Savior.

- Charles Sell

  

What a Savior…

Once I was straying

in sin’s dark valley,

No hope within could

I see;

They searched thro’

Heaven

and found a Savior

To save a poor lost

soul like me.

 

O what a Savior,

O hallelujah,

His heart was

broken on Calvary;

His hands were

nail-scarred,

His side was riven,

He gave His

lifeblood for

even me.

- Marvin P. Dalton

 

 

https://killingofjesus.org/

 

 


 

No comments: