Thursday, December 29, 2022

122922 New Year quotes...

The object of a new year

Is not that we should have

A new year.

It is that we should have

A new soul.

- G.K. Chesterton

 

The chief beauty about time
is that you cannot waste it

In advance.
The next year, the next day,

The next hour
are lying ready for you,
as perfect, as unspoiled,
as if you had never wasted

Or misapplied
a single moment in all your life.
You can turn over a new leaf

Every hour if you choose.

- Arnold Bennett

 

And I said to the one,

Who stood at the gate of the year,

'Give me a light that I may tread

Safely into the Unknown.'
And he replied,

'Go out into the darkness and put

Your hand into the hand of God.

That shall be to you better than

Light and safer than a known way.'

- Minnie Haskins

 

If it makes no difference

What you believe,

It makes no difference

Whether you believe.

- James E Gibbons

 

"I Believe"

I believe for every drop

Of rain that falls
A flower grows
I believe that somewhere

In the darkest night
a candle glows
I believe for everyone

Who goes astray,

Someone will come to

Show the way
I believe, I believe

I believe above a storm

The smallest prayer
Can still be heard
I believe that someone

In the great somewhere
Hears every word

Every time I hear a

New born baby cry,
Or touch a leaf or

See the sky
then I know why,

I believe

Every time I hear a

New born baby cry,
Or touch a leaf or

See the sky
then I know why,

I believe

 

- Writers: Ervin Drake, Irvin Graham,

Jimmy Shirl, Al Stillman

 

I Believe - Elvis Presley with the royal philharmonic orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTQuzGMzmIo

 

 


 

No comments: