Monday, December 05, 2022

120522 "A Golden Tribute" Poem

I came across the poet

Cecelia Weir who

Hails from Fayette, AL

While doing some research

On 9/11/ 01.

She wrote an award

Winning poem about

The events of that tragic day.

She is a talented writer.

 

Following her poem I have

Attached a gospel song

Sung by a native

Of Hackleburg, AL

My brother in Christ.

Sonny James.

“Does Jesus Care.”

I thought it fit so well

With the poem.

- Hayden

 

A Golden Tribute…

People who care
Are people who share.
They make our days brighter
And our burdens
Become lighter to bear.

To you beloved friend
I'm willing to share
For you know I care
About the obstacles of life
That You meet.

Jesus is our best friend
He loves and cares for us all.
How can we represent Him
If I fail to answer your call.

So thru thick and thin
Know this earthly friend
Cares about your challenges
Around your life’s bend.
My beloved friend.

- Cecelia Weir

 

Sonny James

“Does Jesus Care”

Recorded on January 18, 1965.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IiHEcaRt2A

 


 

 

No comments: