Tuesday, February 06, 2024

020624 Lincoln devotional and tribute to Toby Keith 1961-2024

Abraham Lincoln's Favorite Devotional

February 6

Love to Christ

 

“He who loves his father and mother

More than Me is not good enough for Me.

He who loves son or daughter more than

Me is not good enough for Me.

Matt. 10:37

 

Who have I on earth below?
Thee, and only thee, I know:
Who have I in heaven but thee?
Thou art all in all to me.

- Bagster

 

***

 

Country Music Legend Toby Keith Has Died...

 

Country music star Toby Keith died

Monday night following an 18-month

Battle with stomach cancer,

His family said Tuesday. 

“Toby Keith passed peacefully

Last night on February 5th

Surrounded by his family,”

The family’s statement said.

“He fought his fight with grace and courage.

Please respect the privacy of his family at

This time.”

- Leah Barkoukis

 

While we never made it to see

Toby Keith in concert

Lisa and I both enjoyed his music.

We are saddened by his passing.

Singer, Song Writer, Entertainer,

Entrepreneur, Philanthropist.

Patriot.

His music will live on.

He will be missed…

- Hayden

 

Don’t apologize for being patriotic.

Support the troops.

- Toby Keith

 

Here’s the thing.

Just because you’re pro-troops doesn’t

Mean you’re pro-war.

And just because your anti-war doesn’t

Mean you anti-troops.

Just because you don’t support the war

People think you are anti-troops and

You are a bad guy.

- Toby Keith

 

I will do my duty no matter the price,

I’ve counted up the cost,

I know the sacrifice.

Oh, and I don’t want to die for you,

But if dying is asked of me,

I’ll bear that cross of honor

Cause freedom don’t come free.

- Toby Keith

 

I’d had my whole life to write my first album.

I had my No.1 and my third single out,

And they go, ‘Hey, guess what?

We need to start recording the next one.’

I’m like, ‘Uh oh, I got to write another album.

Well, how am I gonna write ‘Should’ve Been

A Cowboy’ and ‘Ain’t Worth Missing’

And all that again?”

It took me forever to write the first one.

- Toby Keith

 


 

 

The song that started it all…

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9lBrMmzW-c

 

 

No comments: