Wednesday, April 05, 2023

040523 The Cross of My Redeemer...

The Cross of My Redeemer…

On Calvary’s distant mountain
The cross of faith I see,
Where once the Lord of glory
Was crucified for me.

 

As on that cross extended,
He suffered, bled and died,
To sinful thoughts and pleasures
May I be crucified.

 

He bore that cross with patience;
Through sorrow dark and sin, 

He bids me now, believing,
Take up my cross for Him.

 

Had I no foes to conquer
No cross on earth to bear,
A victor’s crown of triumph,
I could not hope to wear.

 

Refrain

The cross of my Redeemer,
O may I still defend,
And through the grace He giveth

Be faithful to the end.

 

Words: Fanny Crosby

Music: John R. Sweney

 

Jesus Is Raised from the Dead…

 

1 Early in the morning on the first day of the week,

the women went to the grave taking the spices they had made ready.

2 They found the stone had been pushed away from the grave.

3 They went in but they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

4 While they wondered about what had happened, they saw two

men standing by them in shining clothes.

5 They were very much afraid and got down with their faces to the

ground. The men said to them, “Why do you look for the living One

among those who are dead?

6 He is not here. He is risen. Do you not remember what He said to

you when He was yet in Galilee?

7 He said, ‘The Son of Man must be given over into the hands of

sinful men. He must be nailed to a cross. He will rise again three

days later.’”

8 They remembered what He had said.

Luke 24:1-8 NLV

 

 

“Thousands and tens of thousands have gone through

The evidence which attests the resurrection of Christ,

Piece by piece, as carefully as ever a judge summed

Up on the most important case.

I have myself done it many times over, not to persuade others,

But to satisfy myself. I have been used for many years to study

The history of other times, and to examine and weigh the

Evidence of those who have written about them,

And I know of no fact in the history of mankind which is proved

By better and fitter evidence and every kind.”

Thomas Arnold

Professor of History Oxford

 

 

 

 

Rise Up To Seize… Kathleen Russell Ferrell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esaoCXPFN8s

 

 

Rise Again… Dallas Holm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DvY-_3_gU

 



 

 

No comments: