Friday, August 09, 2024

080824 quote plus...

As long as we have faith

In each other,

and trust In God,

Then there is no goal,

At all,

Beyond our reach.

There is no dream

Too large,

No task too great.

- Donald John Trump

 

The most basic duty of

Government is to defend

The lives of its own citizens.

Any government that fails

To do so is a government

Unworthy to lead.

- Donald John Trump

 

Together, we will have one

Great American future.

Our potential is unlimited.

We will be one people,

Under God,

Saluting one American flag.

- Donald John Trump

 

 ***

President Donald Trump Baseball Game Attendance Log

 

Via Baseball Almanac, Inc.

 

Major League Baseball Games Attended by Donald Trump

 

President Donald Trump is the 45th President of the

United States of America and his attendance at

Major League ballgames, including first pitches,

is documented below.

 

"When I was 17, I loved sports.

I was always a good athlete.

I played football, baseball, and soccer. I wrestled.

I think the thing I liked the best was baseball.

I was captain of the baseball team.

I was supposed to be a professional baseball player.

Fortunately, I decided to go into real estate instead.

I played first base, and I also played catcher.

I was a good hitter. I just had a good time."

 

- President Donald Trump

 (MTV, When I was 17, 06/08/2010)

 

When President Trump first took office in 2017,

he was asked to throw out the first pitch for the Nationals,

on Opening Day (box score).

It was never scheduled because the White House declined

the invitation due to a scheduling conflict.

 

Did you know that Donald Trump was a power-hitting

star first baseman in high school who was scouted by

both the Philadelphia Phillies and Boston Red Sox?

 

Before that, at age 12, Trump wrote the following poem

that was published in his school's yearbook…

 

When the score is 5-5, I feel like I could cry.

And when they get another run, I feel like I could die.

Then the catcher makes an error, not a bit like Yogi Berra.

The game is over and we say tomorrow is another day.

 

On April 14, 2020, President Trump, during his coronavirus

press conference said, "We have to get our sports back.

 I'm tired of watching baseball games that are fourteen years old."

 

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/prz_cdt.shtml

 

 ***

Put Me In Coach – John Fogerty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3hEMUeBGQ

 

 


 

No comments: