Monday, August 05, 2024

080524 quotes plus...

Abraham Lincoln's

Favorite Devotionals

August 5

Sources of Sorrow…

Ingratitude of the Ungodly

 

“They pay what is bad for what is good.

They are against me because

I follow what is good.

“Do not leave me alone,

O Lord! O my God, do not be far from me!”

Psalm 38:20, 21

 

If wounded love my bosom swell,
Deceived by those I prized too well;
He shall his pitying aid bestow,
Who felt on earth severer woe:
At once betray'd, denied, or fled,
By those who shared his daily bread.

- The Believer's Daily Treasure

 ***

When you find peace within yourself,

you become the kind of person who

can live at peace with others.

- Peace Pilgrim

 

Thought is the original

Source of all wealth,

All success, all material gain,

All great discoveries and

Inventions, and all achievement.

- Claude M. Bristol

 

Try, Try, Try,

And keep on trying

Is the rule that must

Be followed to become

An expert in anything.

- W. Clement Stone

 


Ride Like the Wind – Christopher Cross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omJVYvNdnu8

No comments: