Saturday, June 15, 2024

061524 In Loving Memory of Alvin Alston my friend...

This post today is in honor

Of a special person who

Touched many lives for Jesus.

 

Alvin Lorenzo Alston Jr.

 

Passed from this earth life

Aged 66 years

On Sunday June 9th, 2024 in a

Huntsville, AL Hospital.

 

“Because Abel had faith,

He gave a better gift in worship

To God than Cain.

His gift pleased God.

Abel was right with God.

Abel died,

But by faith he is still speaking

To us.” Hebrews 11:4

 

 

He was my friend,

And brother in Christ.

 

I met Alvin in August 1980

On the campus

Of International Bible College,

Florence, AL.

We lived in the same dormitory

At I.B.C.

 

He was in the group of friends

Who went with us to attend my

First ever movie at the theater

In Florence.

 

Alvin was a special person,

He had a true servant’s heart.

He loved God and his fellow man.

 

He will be sorely missed by all

Who knew and loved this humble

Worker for Christ.

 

I am thankful I called him friend.

 

- Hayden Childs

 

 ***

 

The best mirror is a friend’s eye.

- Gaelic proverb

 

A friend is a person before whom

I may think aloud.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

The man or woman who treasurers

His friend is usually solid gold himself.

- Marjorie Holmes

 

I do my best because I’m counting

On you counting on me.

- Maya Angelou

 

Always give without remembering.

Always receive without forgetting.

- Brian Tracy

 

If you can be happy with simple things,

Then it will be simple to be happy.

- Neil Pasricha

 

Don’t close the book when bad things

Happen in your life.

Just turn the page and begin a new

Chapter.

- LaToya Jackson

 

 


 

Elvis… Ultimate Gospel

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYs5pwiP9fI

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Mimi said...

May I post this picture on Facebook. We are close friends of Alvin

Mimi said...

My name., Pat anderson king