Saturday, May 11, 2024

051124 In Honor of Mothers...

“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.”

Psalm 127:3

 

Mothers hold their children's

hands for a short while,
but their hearts forever.
- Anonymous

 

I remember my mother's

prayers and they have always

followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.
- Abraham Lincoln

 

My Mother's Bible…

There's a dear and precious Book,
Tho' it's worn and faded now,
Which recalls the happy days of long ago;
When I stood at mother's knee,
With her hand upon my brow,
And I heard her voice in gentle tones and low.

As she read those stories o'er,
Of those mighty men of old,
Of Joseph and Daniel and their trials,
Of little David bold,
Who became a king at last;
Of Satan with his many wicked wiles.

Then she read of Jesus' love,
As he blest the children dear,
How he suffered, bled and died upon the tree;
Of his heavy load of care,
Then she dried my flowing tears
With her kisses as she said it was for me.

Well, those days are past and gone,
But their mem'ry lingers still,
And the dear old Book each day has been my guide;
And I seek to do his will,
As my mother taught me then,
And ever in my heart his words abide.

Chorus
Blessed book, precious book,
On thy dear old tear-stained leaves I love to look;
Thou art sweet day by day,
As I walk the narrow way
That leads at last to that bright home above.

- Milan B. Williams

 

In Honor of Mothers

 

A Mother’s Day is…

A Day of Joy…

The day of giving birth to new life is a great day of joy and gladness,

“ A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has

come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer

remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born

into the world” John 16:21.

 

Yet, even while motherhood brings joy it is also attended with sorrow.

Mary, the mother of Jesus, had great sorrow as she witnessed her son

Jesus being horribly mistreated, Then Simeon blessed them, and said

to Mary His mother, “Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and

rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against

 (yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the

thoughts of many hearts may be revealed” Luke 2:34-35.

 

A Day of Love…

Godly mothers seek the welfare of her children before herself.

She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the

bread of idleness” Proverbs 31:27. Blessed is the family whose mother

wraps her children in the security of warm affection and constant care,

“that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love

their children” Titus 2:4.

 

A Day of Instruction…

Mothers are daily teachers of the next generation.

Her words, values and character are instilled in the hearts and lives of

her children. Mothers, be careful to teach your children, “She opens

her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness”

Proverbs 31:26.

 

A Day of Devotion…

Hannah devoted herself to giving her son Samuel to the Lord,

“11 Then she made a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed

look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not

forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child,

then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor

shall come upon his head. 22 But Hannah did not go up, for she said

to her husband, “Not until the child is weaned; then I will take him,

that he may appear before the Lord and remain there forever.”

 27 For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition

which I asked of Him. 28 Therefore I also have lent him to the Lord;

as long as he lives he shall be [a] lent (Granted) to the Lord.”

So they worshiped the Lord there” 1 Samuel 1:11, 22, 27-28.

 

Your children will not be Christians by accident.

Mothers, you have a tremendous part in the faith of your children.

If you are not devoted to God, it is unlikely your children will be.

Set them a Godly example every day. Her children rise up and call

her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her” Proverbs 31:28.

 - Joe R. Price

Edited by H.C.

 

 Randy Travis

When Mama Prayed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysD26jCseAM

 

 

 


 

No comments: