Monday, April 15, 2024

041524 coach mark pope quotes plus...

“Every coach in America at every

other job in America stands up at

the press conference and they try

and moderate expectations,”

“We don’t do that here in Kentucky...

When (athletic director) Mitch (Barnhart)

called me and talked to me about being

the head coach here at Kentucky,

I understand the assignment.

We are here to win banners.”

- Coach Mark Pope

 

“What I’m most interested in sharing with

the guys is just how magnificent this

tournament is. Just how special it is,”

“If I could give my players anything,

I would want them to feel about this event

like I feel about it. It is one of the most

extraordinary experiences that I will ever

have in my lifetime, about all the history

and all the moments and all the fight and

the sweat and blood and tears that have

gone into this. Now, these guys get to take

their shot.”

- Coach Mark Pope

Comments on BYU in NCAA Tournament

03/17/2021

 

 

“There’s got to be some component of faith

as a general concept in every athlete’s mind,”

“You do all this work and have to have this

irrational faith that in the last two seconds

you’re gonna shoot a shot and it’s gonna

actually go in the hoop, right?

You kinda have to carry that around.”

- Coach Mark Pope

(What Mark Pope said about faith and sports

At BYU Jackson Payne interview Deseret News

3/1/2024)

 

Coach Mark Pope’s introduction…

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7dppdSKO2k

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

No comments: