Sunday, May 08, 2022

050822 quotes

Mother is the name for God

In the lips and hearts of

Little children.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

 

The sweetest sound to mortals

Given are heard in Mother,

Home and Heaven.

- William Goldsmith Brown

 

Hundreds of dewdrops greet the dawn;

Hundreds of lambs in the purple clover;

Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn;

But only one mother the wide world over.

- George Cooper

 

Precious Memories…

Precious memories, unseen angels,
Sent from somewhere to my soul;

How they linger, ever near me,
And the sacred past unfold.

 

Precious father, loving mother,

Fly across the lonely years;

And old home-scenes of my childhood,

In fond memory appears.

 

In the stillness of the midnight,

Echoes from the past I hear;
Old time singing, gladness bringing,
From that lovely land somewhere.

 

As I travel on life's pathway,

Know now what the years may hold;

As I ponder, hope grows fonder,

Precious memories flood my soul.

 

Precious memories, how they linger

How they ever flood my soul.

In the stillness of the midnight,

Precious sacred scenes unfold.

- J.B.F. Wright


 

 

No comments: