Monday, October 09, 2023

100923 Atlanta Braves quotes...

It’s one game,

You play a five-game

Series for a reason.

- Matt Olson

 

We’ve got to regroup tomorrow,

Come back and just play our game,

I trust all the guys in this clubhouse

And would go to war with any of

Those guys.

- Austin Riley

 

When you get in the batter's box,

They don't know where they're

Hitting.

- Manager Brian Snitker

 

If you don’t like the way

The Atlanta Braves are playing

Then you don’t like baseball.

- Chuck Tanner

 

I feel very fortunate to have

Broken in with the

Milwaukee Braves Organization.

- Joe Torre

 

When we (the Braves)

Won the World Series in ’95,

I went nuts, I mean,

That was my team.

- Jeff Francoeur

 

One thing I learned is this…

Once a Braves fan,

Always a Braves fan.

No matter what.

And as a player,

That means more than

You could understand.

- Tim Hudson

 

It was really tough as a kid

Going to a Braves game.

It was a guaranteed loss.

You’re looking at 100 losses a year.

I was a huge baseball fan,

Played it for quite a while.

But when ’91 happened,

With Smoltz and Glavine,

It turned around,

And I will say it made it

Pretty sweet.

- Brian Baumgartner

 

By any reasonable standard

(I.e. he didn’t cheat),

Aaron is one of the greatest sluggers

In baseball history… and there shouldn’t

Even be a debate about who is baseball’s

True all-time home run champion

(Again, no cheating).

- Tucker Elliot

 

Skip Caray was my favorite announcer

As I grew up listening to the Braves on TBS

And on the radio. One night, listening to a game

That was headed into extra-innings,

The broadcast was just breaking away to

Commercial when Skip said,

'Free baseball in Atlanta!'

One of the best lines I’ve ever heard.

- Tucker Elliot

 

There are many ways to measure

A manager’s success and contributions

To a franchise...

But in this case the two numbers that

Illustrate it best are eight and four…

Bobby Cox’s #6 jersey was just the

Eighth number retired in franchise history,

And of the remaining seven,

Four of them played for Bobby.

- Tucker Elliot

 



 

 

 

No comments: