Saturday, July 15, 2023

071523 A Compilation...

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it will eat its fruit.”

Prov. 18:21

 

Words have power…

I hope these words

May bring comfort,

Peace and hope.

- Hayden Childs

 

Success is not final,

Failure is not fatal…

It is the courage to

Continue that counts.

- Winston Churchill

 

You were given this life,

Because you are strong

Enough to live it.

– Robin Sharma

 

Anyone can hide.

Facing up to things,

Working through them,

That’s what makes you strong.

- Sarah Dessen

 

Life will break you.

Nobody can protect you from that,

And living alone won’t either,

For solitude will also break you

With its yearning.

You have to love.

You have to feel.

It is the reason you are here on earth.

You are here to risk your heart.

You are here to be swallowed up.

And when it happens that you are broken,

Or betrayed, or left, or hurt,

Or death brushes near,

Let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen

To the apples falling all around you in heaps,

Wasting their sweetness.

Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.

- Louise Erdrich 

 

You can give without loving,

But you cannot love without

Giving.

- Amy Carmichael

 

For a crowd is not company;

And faces are but a gallery of

Pictures; and talk but a tinkling

Cymbal, where there is no love.

- Francis Bacon

 

Do everything with so much

Love in your heart that you

Would never want to do it any

Other way.

- Yogi Desai

 

Do not keep the alabaster boxes

Of your love and tenderness sealed

Up until your friends are dead.

Fill their lives with sweetness,

Speak cheering words while their

Ears can hear, and while their hearts

Can be thrilled and made happier by

Them.

- Williams Childs

 

20 Wise Ways to Live Without Regret…

(1) Compliment at least three people every day.

(2) Watch a sunrise at least once a week.

(3) Be the first to say, “Hello.”

(4) Live beneath your means.

(5) Treat everyone like you want to be treated.

(6) Never give up on anyone…

 - They can change!

(7) Forget the Joneses!

(8) Never deprive someone of hope.

- It may be all he/she has.

(9) Pray not for “things”,

- But for wisdom and courage.

(10) Be tough minded but tenderhearted.

(11) Be kinder than necessary.

(12) Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional

- need is to feel appreciated.

(13) “Keep” your promises!

(14) Learn to show cheerfulness, even when

- You don’t feel like it.

Remember that overnight success usually

- takes about fifteen years!

(15) Leave everything better than you found it.

(16) Remember that winners “do”

- What losers don’t want to do!

(17) When you arrive at your job in the morning,

- let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day.

(18) Don’t “rain”" on other people’s parades!

(19) Never waste an opportunity to tell someone

-  You love them.

(20) Give God “first place” in your life (Matt. 6:33).

 

- Mike Riley

 

Dream as if

You’ll live forever,

Live as if

You’ll die today.

- James Dean

 

 

Live Like You Were Dying…

 

He said I was in my early forties, with a lot of life before me
and one moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days, looking at the x-rays
Talking bout' the options and talking bout' sweet times.
I asked him when it sank in, that this might really be the real end
How's it hit 'cha when you get that kind of news?
Man what did ya do?
He said

I went skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'

He said I was finally the husband, that most the time I wasn't
And I became a friend, a friend would like to have
And all of a sudden goin' fishin, wasn't such an imposition
And I went three times that year I lost my dad
Well I finally read the good book, and I took a good long hard look
At what I'd do if I could do it all again
And then

I went skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Shu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'

Like tomorrow was the end
And ya got eternity to think about what to do with it
What should you do with it
What can I do with it
What would I do with it

I went Skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And man I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I watched an eagle as it was flyin'
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'

To live like you were dyin'
To live like you were dyin'
To live like you were dyin'
To live like you were dyin'

 

Artist: Tim McGraw

Writers: Tim Nichols and Craig Wiseman.

Album: Live Like You Were Dying

Original Release Date: 2004-08-24

 

Success is not just the crowning moment,

The spiking of the ball in the end zone

Or the raising of the flag on the summit.

It is the whole process of reaching for a goal and,

Sometimes, it begins with failure."

- Erik Weihenmayer

(Only blind man to scale the Eight Summits

The most challenging peaks in the world.)

 

What he had not learned, however, was this…

To find contentment in himself and his own life.

- Herman Hesse


The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts.

Think only on those things that are in line

With your principles and can bear the light of day.

The content of your character is your choice.

Day by day, what you do is who you become.

- Heraclitus

 

“For what profit is it to a man

If he gains the whole world,

And loses his own soul?

Or what will a man give in

Exchange for his soul?

Matt.16:26

 


 

 

 

No comments: