Monday, November 14, 2022

111422 Change Your Heart Change Your Life...

 

Change Your Heart Change Your Life…

An unknown monk, AD 1100…

 

When I was a young man,

I wanted to change the world. 

I found it was difficult to change the world,

So I tried to change my nation. 

When I found I couldn’t change the nation,

I began to focus on my town. 

I couldn’t change the town,

And as an older man,

I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man,

I realize the only thing I can change is myself,

And suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself,

I could have made an impact on my family. 

My family and I could have made an impact on our town.

Their impact could have changed the nation,

And I could indeed have changed the world.

 

- Dr. Gary Smalley

Change Your Heart Change Your Life

(Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2007), p. 33.

 


 

 

No comments: