Wednesday, December 06, 2023

120623 Jesus Christ...

Our Greatest Need…

If our greatest need had been information,

God would have sent us an educator.

If your greatest need had been technology,

God would have sent us a scientist.

If our greatest need had been money,

God would have sent us an economist.

If our greatest need had been pleasure,

God would have sent us an entertainer.

But our greatest need was forgiveness,

So God sent us a Savior.

- Anonymous

 

Christ, Who He Wasn’t…        

He was not a doctor…

Yet he cured all manner of sickness

He was not a lawyer…

But he explained all the principles of the law

He was not a writer…

But he inspired men to write the best literature

He was not a poet or singer…

Yet he is the soul of all immortal songs

He was not an artist…

But he is the subject of the world’s greatest paintings

He was not a politician…

But he showed men how to live together

He was not a general…

Yet he conquered millions with his teachings

He was not a discoverer…

But has showed the world the way to Heaven.

- Anonymous

  

The Central Figure of All the Ages…

He was born in obscurity,

The son of a humble maiden.

He lived in a small village of little importance.

He worked as a carpenter until he was 30 years of age.

He preached and taught for only three and a half years.

He healed the broken-hearted and healed all manner of sickness

He never wrote a book.

He never had an office.

He never established a family or had a home of his own.

He never went to a University

He never was in a large city.

He traveled less than 200 miles from where he was born.

He never lived in a palace.

He never carried credentials because his works were his

Credentials.

He was just 33 years old when public opinion turned

Against him.

His friends all left him.

He was delivered into the hands of his enemies and

Condemned falsely.

He was nailed to a cross between robbers.

The soldiers cast lots for his last earthly possessions.

In his death he was placed in a borrowed tomb.

More than twenty centuries have passed and this one

Born in obscurity has become the central figure in the

Human race and the inspiration of all mankind.

All the writings of great men, or the great accomplishments

Of mankind, or the accomplishments of all the ruling bodies

Of this earth have been able to rival the influence this One

Has had on mankind. 

Surely Jesus is the central figure of all time.

- Anonymous

 

Jesus Christ…

"Meaning no disrespect to the religious convictions of others,

I still can't help wondering how we can explain away what to

Me is the greatest miracle of all and which is recorded in history.

No one denies there was such a man, that he lived and that he

Was put to death by crucifixion.

Where...  is the miracle I spoke of?

Well consider this and let your

Imagination translate the story into our own time…

Possibly to your own home town.

A young man whose father is a carpenter grows up working in

His father's shop. One day he puts down his tools and walks out

Of his father's shop.

He starts preaching on street corners and in he nearby countryside,

Walking from place to place, preaching all the while, even though

he is not an ordained minister. He does this for three years.

Then he is arrested, tried and convicted.

There is no court of appeal, so he is executed at age 33 along with

Two common thieves.

Those in charge of his execution roll dice to see who gets his

clothing… the only possessions he has.

His family cannot afford a burial place for him so he is interred

In a borrowed tomb.

End of story?

No, this uneducated, property-less young man who...

Left no written word has, for 2000 years,

Had a greater effect on the world than all the rulers, kings,

Emperors; all the conquerors, generals and admirals,

All the scholars, scientists and philosophers who have ever lived…

All of them put together.

How do we explain that?

Unless he really was who he said he was." 

- Ronald Wilson Reagan

 

The Christian’s Riches…

In Christ we have…

A love that can never be fathomed;

A life that can never die;

A righteousness that can never be tarnished;

A peace that can never be understood;

A rest that can never be disturbed;

A joy that can never be diminished;

A hope that can never be disappointed;

A glory that can never be clouded;

A light that can never be darkened;

A happiness that can never be interrupted;

A strength that can never be enfeebled;

A purity that can never be defiled;

A beauty that can never be marred;

A wisdom that can never be baffled;

And resources that can never be exhausted.

Jesus is our all in all!

- Anonymous

 

Christ My All…

Christ for sickness, Christ for health,

Christ for poverty, Christ for wealth,

Christ for joy, Christ for sorrow,

Christ today and Christ tomorrow;

Christ my Life, and Christ my Light,

Christ for morning, noon and night,

Christ when all around gives way

Christ my everlasting Stay;

Christ my Rest and Christ my Food

Christ above my highest good,

Christ my Well-beloved Friend

Christ my Pleasure without end;

Christ my Savior, Christ my Lord

Christ my Portion, Christ my God,

Christ my Shepherd, I His sheep

Christ Himself my soul to keep;

Christ my Leader, Christ my Peace

Christ hath wrought my soul’s release,

Christ my Righteousness divine

Christ for me, for He is mine;

Christ my Wisdom, Christ my Meat,

Christ restores my wandering feet,

Christ my Advocate and Priest

Christ who ne’er forgets the least;

Christ my Teacher, Christ my Guide,

Christ my Rock, in Christ I hide,

Christ the Ever-living Bread,

Christ His precious Blood hath shed;

Christ hath brought me nigh to God,

Christ the everlasting Word

Christ my Master, Christ my Head,

Christ who for my sins hath bled;

Christ my Glory, Christ my Crown,

Christ the Plant of great renown,

Christ my Comforter on high,

Christ my Hope draws ever nigh.

- Anonymous

 

 


 

For further study…

https://searchingfortruth.org/

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: