Saturday, September 12, 2020

091220 quotes

 

Today’s quotes are in honor of my precious mother

Shelby Jean Childs today is her Birthday.

She has been gone for five years.

I wish I could call her today …

It seems to me that my mother
was the most splendid woman

I ever knew...
If I have amounted to anything,

It will be due to her.
- Charles Chaplin

 

A mother is the truest friend we have,
when trials heavy and sudden,

Fall upon us;
when adversity takes the place of

Prosperity;
when friends who rejoice with us

In our sunshine desert us;
when trouble thickens around us,

Still will she cling to us,
and endeavor by her kind precepts

And counsels to dissipate the

Clouds of darkness,
and cause peace to return to our hearts.
- Washington Irving

 

Hundreds of dewdrops greet the dawn;

Hundreds of lambs in the purple clover;

Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn;

But only one mother the wide world over.

- George Cooper 

 


 

 

 

No comments: