Tuesday, October 23, 2018

102318 quotes



Success comes from what you do,
Not from what you say you are
Going to do.
- Larry Winget

Somebody once asked me if I ever went up
To the plate trying to hit a home run.
I said, 'Sure, every time.'"
- Mickey Mantle

Like most people who are great at things,
He (Chipper Jones) was just singularly driven.
This is what he was born and raised to do.
He says all the time,
'I would have done this or that.'
But I don't believe there was any alternative
In his mind.
He dabbled in other things.
He was a very good football
Player and a heck of a basketball player.
He was one of those athletes who was good
At whatever He did.
But you could tell from the outset that [baseball]
Was what he was going to do, and nothing was
Getting In his way.
- B.B. Abbott
Chipper Jones’ life-long friend and agent



No comments: