Thursday, September 13, 2018

091318 quotes



Self-pity is our worst enemy
and if we yield to it, we can never do
Anything wise in this world.
- Helen Keller

If I could tell the world just one thing
it would be we're all okay,
and not to worry cause worry is wasteful
and useless in times like these.
I won't be made useless.
I won't be idle with despair;
I will gather myself around my faith.
Light does the darkness most fear.
- Jewel


Forgiveness is not a matter of exonerating people
Who have hurt you. They may not deserve exoneration.
Forgiveness means cleansing your soul of the bitterness
Of ‘what might have been,’ ‘what should have been,’
And ‘what didn’t have to happen.’
Someone has defined forgiveness as ‘giving up all hope
Of having had a better past.’
What’s past is past and there is little to be gained by
Dwelling on it. There are perhaps no sadder people then
The men and women who have a grievance against the
World because of something that happened years ago
And have let that memory sour their view of life ever since.
- Harold S. Kushner


No comments: