Wednesday, March 21, 2018

32118 quotes



My comment to the players after the game
(Buffalo) was the reason this has been the
Most rewarding season I've had in over 30,
Or however many I've done this, is because
Of what's happening for Wenyen,
What’s happening for Hami.
You saw what he is and what he's capable
Of today.
Let me say this, you may say that …
I was trying to learn about him and he was
Trying to learn about me.
We were trying to figure this out.
Everybody said, why are you starting him?
Because he deserves it, I love him,
And he's going to do it. It just took us a long time.
Wenyen, the same.
He had to conquer himself. When you're not playing
Well you have to kick out of it and go.
And Shai, I didn't really enjoy coaching Shai,
But he's a good kid, I guess (laughter).
- Coach John Calipari
Comments following the 95 -75 2nd Round
Victory over Buffalo at Boise, ID 31718



No comments: