Monday, March 19, 2018

31918 quotes



It takes my team a year to really learn how
Important it is to use the entire day to prepare
For a game.
It's rewarding to see individuals do what
They’re doing. But it's also rewarding to get
Them to understand they need each other,
Because this is a team sport.
And I said this before, Pat Riley said to me,
One of the best compliments …
Your players are all good teammates in this league.
They come in this league and they understand.
They share.
As a team, the biggest thing is everyone is connected.
Everyone is for each other. And we still have a couple
Of guys that aren't quite the servant leaders that they
Need to be. Like I'm playing for everyone else.
Well, if I've got a whole team of guys doing that,
I'm not playing for me; I'm playing for everybody else,
That’s when this thing takes off.
We're getting closer, but that's probably the
One thing I hope.
- Coach John Calipari
Comments following the Kentucky 2nd round win
Over Buffalo in Boise, ID 31718



No comments: