Saturday, September 14, 2024

091424 post in honor of my mother's birthday...

This post is in honor of my mother.

Her birthday was last Thursday

September 12th.

 

She is in that better place I told

Her she was going to the last time

I spoke with her via telephone.

 

Cancer cannot take away the

Christian’s victory in

Jesus Christ.

 

- Hayden Childs

 

***

 

I remember my mother's prayers and

They have always followed me.

They have clung to me all my life.

- Abraham Lincoln  

 

A mother is the truest friend we have, 

when trials heavy and sudden,

fall upon us; 

when adversity takes the place of

prosperity; 

when friends who rejoice with us in

our sunshine desert us;
when trouble thickens around us,

still will she cling to us, 

and endeavor by her kind precepts

and counsels

to dissipate the clouds of darkness, 

and cause peace to return to our hearts.

- Washington Irving

 

Mothers hold their children's hands

for a short while, 

but their hearts forever. 

- Anonymous

 

Mother’s Day Tribute…

 

My Mother has gone home
To be with our Lord, so dear.
And when I see a Mother's love
That comes alive in Christ, so clear
It fills my heart with gratitude
And blesses me with joy and Cheer.
Although I may not know you
I know you just the same.
Because we both rejoice
At the mention of His name.
You wonder why I write you
Really it’s quite clear.
It makes me feel somehow
That my Mother is still so near.

 - Cecelia Weir

 

“Are All The Children In?”

I think oft-times as the night draws nigh

Of an old house on the hill

Where the children played at will;

And when the night at last came down,

Hushing the merry din;

Mother would look around and ask,

"Are all the children in?"

 

‘Tis many and many a year since then,

And the old house on the hill

No longer echoes to childish feet,

And the yard is still, so still.

But I see it all as the shadows creep,

And though many the years have been,

Since then, I can hear my mother ask,

"Are all the children in?"

 

I wonder if when the shadows fall

On the last short earthly day;

When we say goodbye to the world outside,

All tired with our childish play;

When we step out into that other land

Where mother so long has been;

Will we hear her ask, just as of old,

"Are all the children in?"

- Anonymous

 

I went to a party,
And remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom
So I had a sprite instead.
I felt proud of myself,
The way you said I would,
That I didn't drink and drive,
Though some friends said I should.
I made a healthy choice,
And your advice to me was right,
The party finally ended,
And the kids drove out of sight.
I got into my car,
Sure to get home in one piece,
I never knew what was coming, Mom
Something I expected least.
Now I'm lying on the pavement,
And I hear the policeman say,
The kid that caused this wreck was drunk,
Mom, his voice seems far away.
My own blood's all around me,
As I try hard not to cry.
I can hear the paramedic say,
This girl is going to die.
I'm sure the guy had no idea,
While he was flying high,
Because he chose to drink and drive,
Now I would have to die.
So why do people do it, Mom
Knowing that it ruins lives?
And now the pain is cutting me,
Like a hundred stabbing knives.
Tell sister not to be afraid,
Tell daddy to be brave,
And when I go to heaven,
Put Daddy's Girl on my grave.
Someone should have taught him,
That its wrong to drink and drive.
Maybe if his parents had,
I'd still be alive.
My breath is getting shorter, Mom
I'm getting really scared.
These are my final moments,
And I'm so unprepared.
I wish that you could hold me Mom,
As I lie here and die.
I wish that I could say, "I love you, Mom!"
So I love you and good-bye.

- Anonymous

 

***

 


Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G-YQA_bsOU

 

No comments: