Thursday, March 17, 2022

031722 Say it ain't so Freddie...

 

It has been a busy week for the Atlanta Braves

but somewhat bittersweet as the Freddie Freeman

era with the club is coming to an end. 

Freeman said his goodbye to the club in 

an Instagram post Wednesday afternoon. (3/16/22)

I don’t even know where to begin. 

For the past 15 years I got to be apart of your organization.

It was truly an honor. We went through the very highs

together and some lows but those lows are what made

last year so special. 

You watched me grow up from a baby faced kid to

marrying my love @chelseafreeman5 and seeing us bring

3 beautiful boys into this world. I’m so glad my family 

got to be apart of yours! 

To Snit, my coaches, teammates, training staff, clubhouse staff,

and everyone who made Turner Field and Truist Park so special

for my family and I over the years. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It has been a blast to

have you cheer for me and I hope I was able to bring smiles to

a lot of your homes over the years. I gave everything I had day

in and day out and I hope you guys saw that as well.

Although our time has come to an end, I look forward to seeing

and playing in front of you all again. When that time comes,

I hope you remember all the wonderful memories we made

together. I love you Braves Country! Champions Forever! 

 

It is a classy goodbye from a classy player. 

Freeman wore the Braves uniform as well as any player before

him and he will always be known as one of the team’s all-time

greats. Unfortunately, baseball is a business and he and the

Braves are parting ways. If it had to end, overseeing a rebuild

that culminated in a World Series championship is a storybook

worthy end.

https://www.batterypower.com/2022/3/16/22981591/freddie-freeman-goodbye-atlanta-braves-instagram

 

 A sad day in Braves Country!

This is one Braves fan who is very disappointed the Braves didn't come through

for their MVP... Back in the day would they have let Chipper Jones walk?

I think all Braves fans know the answer to that question.



No comments: