Tuesday, September 28, 2021

092821 The Sifting...

Sifting through the rubble of my life
Just really trying to see.
The beginning of my origin
Why and who created me.

The reflections of my memories
Towering over what was left of me.
Yet how intimate my memories
Of the inspiration I use to be.

Sifting, I remembered joy and confidence
Sifting, I remembered success and pride.
But then I heard the groaning
Of the fright from deep inside.

I labored hard and patient
Alerting anxiously in distress and pain.
If I could only give back lives
Is what I wished to gain.

This was mot my expectancy
To become a burial ground.
I fought against my destiny
Though I felt my poise going down.

Lady Liberty dropped a tear
As Manhattan bowed her head.
The world watched as I collapsed
But consciously I am not dead.

I know it’s not my fault
That my beauty stood so tall.
But because of spiritual diversities
Enemies sought my dignity to fall.

I held up my statue wounded
Hoping others could escape.
For I knew then my destiny
I felt my deadly fate.

I am innocent I tell you
No compassion the enemy shown.
For this there will be more sufferings
They will reap what they have sown.

I sifted through my memory
To see if I'd done my best.
To show the spirit of a true American
Then I surrendered to my final rest.

- Cecilia Weir


(Dedication honoring the TWIN TOWERS

That was so violently destroyed

September 11, 2001)


Cecilia Weir received special recognition

From the Mayor of New York City

And The President of The United States

of America for  'The Sifting'

 


 

 

 

No comments: