Saturday, February 15, 2020

02152020 quotes



I love the game of Basketball! 
I grew up in a small town in Kentucky and loved to play the game.  
We had a nice goal in the yard, our court was paved in asphalt.
I played in grade school and for a while my freshman yr. of High School. 
In College you could always find me shooting hoops after class by myself or with friends. 
Today's quotes are in honor of the great game that has given me a lot of joy in life!

“Don’t give up;

Don’t ever give up!”
- Coach Jim Valvano

“Concentration and
Mental toughness
is the margins
Of victory.”
- William Felton “Bill” Russell

“My responsibility is getting all
My players playing for the name
On the FRONT of the jersey,
Not the one on the back."
- Anonymous

For order and a society to exist …
And a basketball team is a society
Within itself …
It needs discipline.
- Coach Joe B. Hall

“I am sure that no man
Can derive more pleasure
from money or power
than I do from seeing
A pair of basketball goals
in some out of the way place.”
- Dr. James Naismith
Invented the great sport
Of Basketball in 1891


 









No comments: