Friday, January 10, 2020

01102020 The Dabo Swinney File



Dabo Swinney was raised in Pelham, Alabama, and attended the
University of Alabama, where he joined the Crimson Tide football
program as a walk-on wide receiver in 1989. He earned a scholarship
and lettered on three teams (1990–1992), including the Crimson 
Tide's 1992 National Championship team.

During his time as an undergraduate at Alabama, Swinney was twice
named an Academic All-SEC and SEC Scholar Athlete Honor Roll 
member. In three seasons at Alabama, he caught 7 passes for 81 yards.
He received his degree in commerce and business administration in 
1993 as well as a master's degree in business administration from 
Alabama in 1995.

Struggle is necessary for success.
He (Coach Dabo Swinney) lettered three times
Under Crimson Tide head coach Gene Stallings
After walking on the team in the summer of 1989
As a 19-year-old walk-on wide receiver.

Swinney has his own pleasant memories of the Sugar Bowl.
He was a member of the 1992 Crimson Tide team that defeated
Miami there to win the national championship.

Coaching makes some of the things I’ve experienced in my life make
sense to me. It allows me to use my life experiences to impact young
people and to serve God through what I do. I’m very passionate about
seeing young people graduate, mature and develop.
- Coach Dabo Swinney






No comments: