Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday September 26, 2015 Fishing Report

If you are into numbers...
4 Bites ... 3 Fish ...
"One big enough to keep and eat" in the words of my daughter Allison Childs Clark. When Allison was growing up and I would go fish'n she would ask me, " Daddy did you catch one big enough to keep and eat?"


Today was a special day on the water... with my lucky buckeye in my pocket and my blue Bass Pro Shops cap on. I threw the variable kitchen sink .... buzz bait, spinner bait, swimming worm, pig-n-jig on a lake in N.W.Alabama. At 1:30 or so I trolled back toward the boat ramp throwing a distinct colored norman crankbait... this is the bait that proved to be a winner today ... 4 Bites... 3 Fish ... one being the largest spotted bass I have caught in some time... 23 inches long and I practiced "catch and release" in a local fishery. I received a great deal of pleasure seeing this big boy swim away for me to catch another day...

 

No comments: