Thursday, April 03, 2014

040314 quotes



Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.
-  Eileen Caddy

…I’m a college athlete. I’m a college student. I have the opportunity to get an education as well as play for Kentucky, who has so much tradition, and that’s really all that matters to me right now. I don’t really get into the politics and stuff like that about whether it’s fair or not. I just know I’m blessed to be in the position I’m in and that’s really all that matters to me. Just the opportunity and the blessing to play in the Final Four is all that really matters to me, when asked about returning home for the big stage. It doesn’t matter if it is Dallas or wherever it is, I’m just happy to be at the Final Four.
-  Julius Randle

Coach Calipari and his assistants are no longer coaching effort, intensity and focus; they’re only coaching basketball now, for the first time all season.

It took four months. It took us four months. So now they got it. They’re young, it takes time. You cannot skip steps. We all want to skip steps. We all want freshmen to be sophomore and juniors. They’re not. And to the people who said Cal wasn’t having fun in the regular season, he said he was having a ball with his team. Now, I had to be really aggressive, he admitted. I had to raise the standard and say this is what’s not acceptable. I never budged. But I always believed in the team and I always believed in the individual players. It just takes time for the kids. I’m proud of them.
-  Coach Calipari




No comments: