Monday, November 09, 2020

110920 quotes

The hour of your redemption is here. . .

Rally to me. . .  Rise and strike.

Strike at every favorable opportunity.

For your homes and hearths, strike!

- General Douglas MacArthur

 

By profession I am a soldier and take

Pride in that fact.

But I am prouder … infinitely prouder …

To be a father.

A soldier destroys in order to build;

The father only builds, never destroys.

The one has the potentiality of death;

The other embodies creation and life.

And while the hordes of death are mighty,

The battalions of life are mightier still.

It is my hope that my son, when I am gone,

Will remember me not from the battle

But in the home repeating with him

Our simple daily prayer,

Our Father who art in heaven.

- General Douglas MacArthur

 

Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.

And like the old soldier of that ballad,

I now close my military career and just fade away …

An old soldier who tried to do his duty as God

Gave him the light to see that duty.

- General Douglas MacArthur

 


No comments: