Saturday, June 20, 2020

062020 Don't Waste Your Life



Don't Waste Your Life

I am full of hope and feel sure I will not have any reason to be ashamed. I am certain I will continue to have the same boldness to speak freely that I always have. I will let God use my life to bring more honor to Christ. It doesn’t matter whether I live or die.

To me, the only important thing about living is Christ. And even death would be for my benefit.  (Philippians 1:20-21)

If we live, we are living for the Lord. And if we die, we are dying for the Lord. So living or dying, we belong to the Lord.  (Romans 14:8)

We have one life to live. How are you living your life?  You and I are not getting any younger.  Will you have any regrets on your death bed? When it's all been said and done, can we say that we did our best to live for God?

Have you ever seen the little plaque that reads, "Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last?" Well, that's not (all) what the poet wrote. The poet wrote this … "Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last. And when I am dying, how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee."

Do you think all Christians die happy? Not on your life! Some of them die as miserable as sinners. Why? Because they've misused their time and wasted their lives. Many of you have lay dying on a hospital bed and prayed, "Lord, if You would only spare me, I'll do this, that, or the other." Well, have you done it?" (Leonard Ravenhill)

We need to ask ourselves … Are we wasting away our lives?  God created us to live with a single passion … to joyfully display His supreme excellence in all the spheres of life.  The wasted life is the life without this passion. 

“God calls us to pray and think and dream and plan and work not to be made much of, but to make much of Him in every part of our lives." (John Piper) 

How do we use our time, talents, and treasures?  What is our passion in life?  Do we treasure Christ above all else?  "Treasuring life above Christ is a tragedy." (John Piper) 

But, Lord, we are waiting for your way of justice.
    We want to honor you and your name.
 (Isaiah 26:8)

Lord, I desire to live my life for You! I can never thank You enough for Your grace & mercy and Your love for me. I will always sing praises to You and You alone. I delight in You, in Your Word, in pleasing & honoring You, and in displaying Your majesty. My life is a gift from You and it's Yours; please use it for Your glory and according to Your will. May Your passion be my passion. By Your grace, my life shall not be wasted. In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen. 

I don’t care about my own life. The most important thing is that I finish my work. I want to finish the work that the Lord Jesus gave me to do—to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.  (Acts 20:24)

- Via born again and blessed
Edited by Hayden Childs

No comments: