Saturday, December 27, 2008

Elvis Presley


You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.
Elvis Presley

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image.
Elvis Presley

When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies, and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times...I learned very early in life that: 'Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend -- without a song.' So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.
Elvis Presley

(Comments from his acceptance speech given on January 16, 1971 at the 1970 Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award Ceremony.)

No comments: